- Use of electronic speckle pattern interferometry and
holography to measure displacements and strains in
- Development of optical measurement methods incorporating
coherent light sources and optical fibers.
- Development of panoramic viewing systems to determine
faults in boreholes and pipes; e.g. inspection of welds,
observation of cavity walls.
- Combination of optical data acquisition methods with
automated analysis techniques.
- Studies in fluorescent imaging techniques.
- Design of diffractive optic systems.